USA Tour Train Travel
Throughout the US, many private lines have been maintained or rebuilt as privately owned, tour train travel lines, which occasionally connect to Amtrak or regional systems.
* Adirondak Rail tour train travel., +1 800 320-4206,, +1 877 508-6728. Served by the Union Station in Utica, New York (as are multiple Amtrak lines), this line (still in two sections) also reaches Thendara, Saranac Lake, and Lake Placid.
* Cooperstown and Charlotte Valley Railroad, +1 607 432-2429. Short, scenic rides between Cooperstown and Milford, New York.
* Catskill Mountain Rail Road, +1 845 688-7400. Short, scenic rides along the Esopus Creek from Pheonicia, New York through beautiful Catskill Mountain scenery. Together with the Ulster & Delaware Rail Road, form the last remaining usage of the Historical Catskill Mountain railroad system.
* Delaware and Ulster Rail Road, +1 800 225-4132. Short scenic rides between Arkville and Roxbury, New York through beautiful Catskill Mountain scenery. Together with the Catskill Mountain Rail Road, form the last remaining usage of the Historical Catskill Mountain rail road system.
* Alaska Railroad, +1 800 544-0552. Scenic trips through Alaska, between Anchorage south to Seward or north to Denali National Park and Fairbanks.
* Grand Canyon Railway, +1 800 THE-TRAIN. Short train travel tour excursions between Williams, Arizona and the Grand Canyon.
(Information courtesy of www.lostluggagetales.com)